Eco System - Replacement Filtering Cartridge
- Replacement cartridge for the Eco filtering system.
- Filters at up to 2.5 litres a minute, and effective for up to 12,000 litres (typically a year's use, but does depend on how much water your household uses of course). Plus this cartridge can effectively filter both cold and hot water.
- When this cartridge needs replacing, water flow through it slow dramatically making it very clear that it's time for a new cartridge. This is unlike many competitor systems that continue to allow water through at full speed even when they're no longer filtering effectively.
- Dramatically reduces (and in some cases entirely removes) impurities and hardness, including suspended particles, chlorine, heavy metals including lead, zinc and cadmium, pesticides and petroleum products, iron and aluminium, plus the taste and colour is improved.
- Bottom line - the Eco ensures you get much healthier, better-tasting water, with the majority of hardness removed, while keeping beneficial minerals in the water (some other filtering systems remove the good along with the bad, so you end up with tasteless water that has no beneficial minerals left in it).
- The Eco achives this through the application of three types of filtering -- Mechanical Cleaning to get rid of particles in the water, Ion-Exchange to remove the majority of impurities and hardness, and Soption Cleaning to improve colour, taste, odour, and remove further impurities.
Benefits of the Eco Filtering Cartridge
- Water is cleaner and fresher.
- Hot and cold drinks taste better.
- It helps your food be flavoursome, since hardness and impurities in water hurt the taste of your cooking.
- It solves the problem of limescale build-up in your kettle (and funnily enough, water filtered in the water helps to wash away limescale that may have already built up). Plus, no more limescale build up on your taps.
- You also avoid the problem of limescale "stains" on cutlery, glasses, and saucepans.
- Basically, when the majority of (if not all) hardness is removed from your water, "no streak" cleaning around the home becomes so much easier.
So unlike our filtering jugs, which are a fantastic introduction to what we offer, but of course need to be manually refilled...
Once the Eco is installed under your sink, it's out of sight, but works for you around the clock. Whenever you turn on your kitchen tap (or in whichever room you have it installed), it cleans that water for you removing the majority of (if not all) impurities and hardness, and you get clean, fresh, healthy water out of the tap.
And our Eco filtering cartridges work quickly - typically cleaning your water at up to 2.5 litres a minute. And they also last a long time - effective filtering lifespan is up to 12,000 litres, which on average comes to a year's worth of filtering (although that of course depends on how much water you use as a household!).
Compare the cost (and inconvenience) of 12,000 litres of cleaner, healther water, automatically on tap, to that quantity of mineral water. Not only does mineral water often contain many more impurities than you may have been led to believe, but the constant purchases is inconvenient and can take a lot of space at home. Plus of course, that quantity of plastic bottles is not beneficial for the environment.
And unlike many water filtering systems that continue to allow water to pass through even if the water is no longer being cleaned effectively, the Eco cartridge stops the majority of water flow once it's no longer working effectively. So this means you'll know exactly when to exchange the cartridge (and that process takes just a few minutes).
How Our Eco Filtering Technology Works
The main purpose of the Eco system is to make your home healthier. But it also works to reduce limescale on taps, in kettles, when cleaning and washing up. Plus, cleaner, fresher water with far less hardness, has the added positive of better tasting food and drinks.
So now we've convinced you that the Eco will make day-to-day life in your home healthier, cleaner, and better tasting, let's talk about how it actually works...
The water filtering process uses three technologies to remove impurities and hardness from your water:
Step 1 - Mechanical Cleaning
What this means is suspended particles are removed from the water. Depending how clean or not, how old or new, the pipes coming into your home and into your kitchen are, is what impacts what ends up in your water.
Perhaps on the journey into or around your home, the water travels down a rusty pipe. Could some of that rust make its way into your drinking water?
Now, however high quality the water infrastructure in your area, or the plumbing in your home, it's difficult to know exactly what sort of plumbing the water is travelling through.
Now, we're certainly not trying to scare you! We don't believe in scaremonging. But it is a fact of life that some pipes get old, impurities sometimes sneak into water.
So that's why we're proud to offer the Eco. In fact, we feel it's an important improvement to your home. It acts as a line of defence keeping impurities away from the food and drinks in your home. It works for you automatically helping to keep the water in your home healthy and fresh.
It's a powerful solution, for an important part of life - the water that comes into your home, and into your food and drinks.
So this mechanical cleaning part of the process removes such solid impurities as rust, even down to one micron (more accurately referred to as a micrometer). 1 μm if we're going to get technical!
And if you consider a typical hair is 50 microns, this part of the filtering process removes solid impurities from the water many times smaller than the width of a human hair. And that's just step one!...
Step Two - Ion-Exchange Cleaning
Now, "ion exchange" is certainly a rather technical term. And we're confident the vast majority of customers (and future customers) that visit this site aren't scientists. So rather than bamboozle you with scientific-sounding words that serve no purpose but make use sound clever, let's keep it simple...
This part of the process uses our powerful "Aragon 3" filtering material. This is specially formulated and works to allow water to pass through it, but captures the vast majority of impurities during that process.
Perhaps think of it as an incredibly complicated maze. The water just passes right through, but the chlorine, the iron, the heavy metals, bacteria and viruses... they all reach dead ends, and get stuck in the maze for good. So clean, healthy water gets past this step, what isn't clean and healthy water, doesn't.
Plus, through extensive testing we discovered this part of the filtering process removed the vast majority of hardness from the water. In fact, what this approach does is turn "bad calcium" that produces limescale build up, into "good calcium" called Aragonite (hence the Aragon 3 name).
This type of calcium is easily absorbed into the body and doesn't create limescale buildup. So you get the benefits of calcium in your water, without the typical drawbacks of hard water.
Step Three - Sorption Cleaning
Yes, we know this is another phrase that isn't particularly helpful or easy to understand. But in a nutshell - this part of the filtering process uses a combination of activated charcoal along with silver to further remove impurities and hardness from the water that flows through your filter.
And it's true, that many water filters offered by our competitors use activated charcoal too. There's a reason for that - it works! In fact, charcoal has been used for filtering impurities for many centuries.
Of course, this part of the filtering process is just one of three. Taken altogether, these three technologies dramatically improve the quality of your water. And our patented, exclusive, powerful filtering material Aragon 3 (step two of this process - detailed above) is unique to our filters, and we believe cleans your water more effectively than the majority (if not all) competitor solutions on the market.
Since we've been developing and improving water filtration technologies since 1986, and since we now have millions of happy customers worldwide, cleaning water quickly and effectively is something we're very good at - even - if we do say so ourselves!
What's Removed From Your Water (And What Stays In)
So what does our three-step approach remove from your tap water? Well:
|Particles measuring ˃ 0.1 μm||100 %|
Heavy and radioactive metals
|Up to 95%|
|Up to 100%|
|Up to 92%|
|Up to 95%|
|Up to 97%|
|Up to 90%|
Bacteria and viruses
|Up to 100%|
- Much, if not all of the hardness is removed from the water.
- Plus, unlike some filtering systems that remove too much (the good along with the bad), we ensure beneficial minerals are part of your water. This gives your water a better taste, and helps keep it healthy.
Filtering Effectiveness Over Time
|Contaminant||Start of Cartridge Life||Middle of Cartridge Life||End of Cartridge Life|
|Insoluble particles - rust, sand, silt particles coarser than 1 μm||100%||100%||100%|
|Heavy and radioactive metals||100%||100%||98%|
|Organic compounds, carcinogens, pesticides||99%||99%||97%|
|Hepatitis A virus and Escherichia coli||100%||100%||100%|
|Supported water temperature:||4°С up to 95°С|
|Filtering speed:||Up to 2.5 litres a minute|
|Filter lifespan:||Up to 12,000 litres (typically one year, but depends on average usage)|
|Minimum working pressure:||0.5 atm|
Perhaps you're asking yourself:
- "Will this filter really clean my water?"
- "Is it better than what the competitors offer?"
- Or perhaps more specifically, "Is this product actually any good?" :)
Well, we certainly understand your concerns, and we don't want you to just take our word without any proof!...
Millions of Customers Worldwide
Our filtering technology is now used by over 20 million customers worldwide, with most of these customers in Asia and Europe, although we're now also distributing our products to the English-speaking world...
We estimate that well over 100 million litres of water every single day is filtered using our products.
Plus, the technologies we've developed have been independently confirmed by more than 20 patents and have been recognized by leading scientific organisations including:
Our products match or exceed the requirements set down by NSF, the public health and safety organisation.
The Wellthy Corporation (part of Mitsubishi Chemical)
Since our products are sold in Japan, the technology has been tested to verify they match Japan's strict water purification requirements.
In 2014 the French-based Institut Pasteur, a non-profit foundation founded in 1888 by the famous chemist Louis Pasteur, independently confirmed Geyser filters removed the following to 99.9999%: poliovirus, rotavirus, legionella and salmonella.
Further Tests & Verification
Ferrara Research University (Italy) - Department of Microbiology. EN 14476:
- 2007 requirements and testing methods.
- Ahlstrom Filtration Company (US) - R&D Institute of Flu
- RAMS Research Institute on Human Ecology and Environmental Hygiene
Plus, this technology is verified and protected by over 20 patents. Many more details regarding our patents and independent testing can be found on this page.
Product Warranty & Our Promise to You
We want you to be absolutely delighted with what you receive from us. Actually... we expect you to be 100% delighted, and thrilled to use our products for years to come!
However, if for any reason at all that isn't the case, just send back the product within 30 days and we'll return the full purchase price to you. No quibbles, no hassles at all.